Right now, it’s been acknowledged that the two most powerful tools, when it comes to marketing a product online are SMM (Social Media Marketing) and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
Whats your specialty?
While many marketers focus on one or the other and make it their ‘specialty’, the truth is that the best way to approach using the Internet as a marketing resource is to use a combination of both strategies. How is this accomplished? Well, to begin with, I’d like to say that using combined online tools is very cost-effective. Not only is it economical, but the results can be seen faster than you may suppose.
While it may be possible to use these tools for free, that can be a bit of a trap. That’s because in order to fully and effectively utilise these tools at absolutely no cost, it involves a full-time commitment that won’t allow any room for complacency or negligence. In other words – there are no breaks.
Outsource or Co-Source
I have yet to meet a business owner who can run/expand a business while managing a full-on SMM campaign. This is why these tasks are generally outsourced. However, you do need to know the theory behind SMM and SEO, in order to be aware of what’s going on in your outsourced marketing efforts.
So, let’s take a look at how SMM and SEO complement one another:
- Building your brand – If you are involved in business, you’ve no doubt heard about how SMM fully impacts brand building. When you have a combination of SMM and SEO, there will be an opportunity for your message to have a greater level of exposure through better positioning within search engines.
- Generating greater traffic – A website that has been marketed well on SMM platforms, through SEO, will subsequently be featured on top of the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). This immediately increases website traffic.
- Backlinks – When it comes to the promotion of your website within search engines, backlinks are very important. Obtaining more backlinks to your site will usually be a result of direct and indirect SMM. You can facilitate this by paying particular attention to major social media sites.
- Article writing – When creating articles to be used to inform the public via SMM, the use of SEO offers a distinct advantage. When ranking well in search engines through the correct use of SEO, you can get more social media attention. Getting more social media attention will alert Google to the popularity of your website and given even more weight to your search engine ranking!
- Traffic that has been targeted – Both the use of correct SEO keywords and targeted social media will get you the visibility that you want.
It can easily be seen how SMM and SEO can work hand-in-hand, when it comes to promoting your company and increasing business opportunities.
What keywords are you following to stay in front for your business?